TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-03-2003, 05:11 PM   #1
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Default Toliet

Question: If toliet is full and grey water tank isn't, is there a way to empty into it or do you have to empty at dump station, we used ours for 4 days and did fine, but I was just curious, also we purchased one of those blue totes for just in case situations, this was our first time without full hookup and I might add, the idea of two sleeping bags zipped together makes a nice warm bed for 30 degree weather on the beach and its very easy to make the bed up.

Pam
Brightsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:58 PM   #2
2619PDX

Default Re:Toliet

Pam:
Interesting question, but let me point out that I don't really think you would want to dump black water from the toilet into the gray water tank... :P

Think of the smell that could give you in the shower and sinks... yuck! Plus, what if it ever backed up?

Also, from a hands on point of view, how would you dump from the toilet into the gray water tank anyhow? (As the toilet is sealed and empties under the unit...) Not sure you could unless you somehow were to pump it in there some way...

Interesting idea though...

Gregg
Old 12-09-2003, 07:02 AM   #3
arknoah

Default Re:Toliet

Just like in a house, the black water outlet is a main, versus the gray water which empties in the direction of the main. It's designed that way to prevent black water backing up into your sink -- a rather important idea, I might add.