TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
Goodyear Travels

Default Water leak at AC / Shell Adjustment ?

Hello Forum Folks,
I haven't posted a question or a response for quite some time, but I alway seem to find my way back to this forum. I've had several slow roof leaks that have been with me --- well, since my warranty expired. The typically dry weather here in Arizona has made it easier to put off repairs.
But 3 hard days of rain in the Flagstaff area have convinced me that it's time.
One roof leak on our 07 2720sl makes its appearance at the front, door-side corner of the AC. The other leak appears in the same corner of the vent fan. I promised my wife that I'd tackle the project and so I began tonight by staring at the opened TM after a hasty cleaning from our wet weather camping trip. And you know, I noticed that front shell does not appear level and noses-down toward the TV. I went up top with a level and I'd have to guess that the front of the front shell is at least 1.5 inches lower than the rear of the front shell. So here's my question, do you more knowledgeble folks think that a shell that is out-of-level as I described, could produce these leaks? I'd rather not pull the AC and go after a mounting seal or pay someone to do the job for me --- if the shell was the culprit the whole time. I hope that everyone is getting what they need and desire in this Life. Thanks for being there, Eric
Old 05-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Joseph

Default Had one of your leaks . . .

This one that you describe

" The other leak appears in the same corner of the vent fan. "

Was remedied by removing the caulking around the vent fan where it mounts onto the shell and reapplying same. There are some 1 by somethings, not wood, up there that sort of make a mount for the fan assembly that sit atop the shell and under the fan. My leak was in that mounting. The water was getting in and migrating to the door side corner of the vent fan.

Regarding your front shell. Mine also slants a little toward the TV when it is set up and the TM is level. As long as the bag seals on each shell are good I would not imagine water coming in from that direction. From reading the Forum is seems like most leaks on a TM are caused by some caulking somewhere, ( thats the fun part ) that is not sticking or has cracked just a wee bit.

Good Luck!