TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #1
live2shopnc

Default Frig. won't stay lit

When I try to lite my ref. the flame goes out as soon as I release the red button. Would this likely be a bad thremocoupling? It is under warrenty but its a long way back to the dealer. Anyone ever changed one. Any other thoughts as to what might be wrong?
Thanks Ed
Old 06-26-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

We had the same problem with our new TM. Ed at the Tm factory sent me an address of a warrantee repair shop for Norcold near us. It took 2 trips, first they just tightened the thermo couple, the next time they removed it to find some dirt in where it screws into the refer. That has fixed it.
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
hal

Members of our group that owned '03 models consistantly had that problem. There is a pipe connection located behind the radio that most likely be loose. Ours were loose. After removing the radio and tightening that coupler, they all ran like a charm.

Hal
Old 06-26-2005, 12:42 PM   #4
Caver
Site Sponsor

Default frige problem

Ed, did you see my post on this subject Your TM is about the same vintage as mine so you may have the electrical problem. Tim sent me the Norcold kit to fix this problem. The kit is easy to install so it's an easy fix assuming that you have the same problem.

Ray
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #5
live2shopnc

My ref. is now working!! It was a loose wire on the thermocoupling. I got to it from the outside of camper by removing the heat shield behind the upper vent for the frig. The blue wire was not pushed all the way on.
Thanks for the suggestions
Ed