TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
raddad

Default Opening the 2720

I purchased a new 2011 2720 in Oct. of 2011, I parked it for the rest of
the fall and all of the winter(Saskatchewan Canada). Yesterday I couldnt
wait any longer and opened it up ( I wasnt sure what to expect ) much to
my delight it was exactly as we left it!! There was absolutely no winter damage, staining, or faults found I installed my Alpine stereo (that I got
instruction on how to) from the forum ( very easy ) and closed it back
down again. Now I only have to wait another 6 weeks to go camping. ITS
GOING TO BE A LONG 6 WEEKS Happy Camping everyone.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Yeah, I got a 2011 2720SD and I took the suggestion of someone on the forum to use peppermint oil (the real stuff) to keep mice and other critters out of the unit over the winter. The stuff worked great and the smell was absolutely wonderful!!!

I did have one problem though. Despite my winterizing of the plumbing of both blowing out the lines, using pink RV antifreeze and even blowing out the pink, I cracked a "T" joint under the sink.

The crack did not occur because there was water in the line; not by a long shot. It was caused because (and this is hard to explain without a drawing) the PEX water line had to make a slight curve between the water tank and the hot water tank going from the drain valve to the sink faucet. The apex of this curve was at the "T" and that joint was stressed. During some cold temperature day, the plastic joint gave up the ghost and split causing a hair line crack. The path of this plumbing additionally had to go around a propane line causing the curve to be worse than it had to.

This was really a workmanship error on the factory. The propane line could have been routed in a slightly different way.

It took me two days to redo the plumbing in that small, tight area above the water tank. I used the sharkbite brass connectors to do the job.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

I know how you feel about the camping wait as I'm in the same boat here in Calgary. Bought our 2011/2720 in February and had a great time camping last summer. The TM was bought in Saskatoon TRX RV as it was the closes dealer for us. Partialy opened the TM yesterday and did the yearly brake, bearings, and seals inspection and everything checked out fine. Adjusted the brakes and put the TM back on her feet as she was jacked-up on stands. I'm ready and chomping at the bit to go camping but have to wait for some warmer weather.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
PopBeavers

I haven't pulled the TM out of the garage yet. Too busy with other activities.

My son went tent camping over the weekend. Daytime highs were in the low 50s. Not sure about the overnight lows, other than it did not freeze. He was out motorcycle riding off-road. They were camping in tents at 2,000 feet. It was raining. At 3,000 feet they were riding in snow.

They were 60 miles from home in San Jose. Elevation 200 feet.

It takes a die hard rider to go out in those conditions.

It takes an experienced rider to get back to camp, in the dark, in the snow, with a broken clutch.

Glad I stayed home on that trip. I am not experienced enough to ride like that, and I never will be. I wish I was younger.

The West Coast TM spring rally is later in April. That will bring out 20+ TMs.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
moaboy

I remember 3+ years ago when I bought my 2720 in late Fall at the Hershey PA RV show. By the time I took delivery got to go camping once and then had to put the TM in the garage for winter.
Spring never looked better.
Problem is . . .it gets worse every year. Spring can't come fast enough so I think next year I'm going south in search of her...and I'm in the "south" compared to you "northerners."
Hang in there.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
PopBeavers

It snowed in San Francisco around 1962. I think it snowed again when I was away at college in the early 70s.

I have had ice at home a few times since 1978. The coldest I have ever seen at home is an overnight low of 19F.

I am willing to move anywhere that has better weather. So far the only place I have found is the French Rivera.

The only reason I have not been camping yet is because of time constraints.