TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Rookie

Unhappy 2002 3023 falling apart at the seams!

I am about to call Trail Manor corporate in TN about an issue with my 3023. The rear slide out, driver's side, where the rear panel attaches to the driverside bulkhead has separated from the bulkhead. Never wrecked, never driven on rough roads (off road) and always set up with jacks. I have numerous pictures of the separation and it almost looks like screws were never put in to framework. Countersunk screw holes...no screws!

Secondly, now the center seams over both halves are leaking as are the seals around AC unit and both sky views. I've never seen anything like it. I'm not even sure how to fix it! I love this trailer and intend to fix it but could use some advice. Would like to attach pictures but can't here in the forum.

Anyone with any advice? Feel free to e-mail: [email protected]
Old 08-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Have you owned it since new? If not, then it appears, without seeing photos, the previous owner had water leaks that caused the bulkhead to separate. Your low post count suggests you have just acquired the TM. Can you share the history of the TM as you know it? Due to the lightweight design and materials used, these units can be fragile when water intrudes to the construction where materials mate up.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Scottie Dogs

Thumbs up

Hi-

I think the 2002 was the last one built with wood framing. If the TM was in Florida sitting out in all that humidity with a roof leak and those huge storms then I think that could be the reason for the problem.

Now if you are the original owner and it was garage kept all this time then I think you have an issue. I never heard about a problem like this one.

If you could give some history on the TM then I am sure you will get lots of help here. To benefit the knowledge here and do great searches and you are a new owner, it is wise to join for a small fee, you will never regret it especially with an older TM. You could post pictures and lots of neat things too. We have a great group

Dave
Old 08-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I agree Scottie. As my signature indicates, I've got an 02 model year and it's been stored outside all it's life. Never covered and it's structurally sound as the day it was sold new to the previous owner of my TM. That's because it does not leak. Houston, in my opinion, is just as humid as Florida. Preventative care is vitally important to any vehicle, trailer, home, of any type especially TM's.

I've seen posts here that indicate that 02 was the first year of aluminum and the last year of wood.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote