TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
jpcoll01

Default Has anyone put together an "emergency kit" list??

just wanting to know if anyone has a shopping list of fuses, bulbs, etc, etc. that one might need in case something blows.
Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
markandanne

I'm interested in this too - we're planning a long trip in June and it would be nice to be self-sufficient. Mike and Kelly's 2720 users manual is an interesting read http://www.pinecon.com/TMDocs/MikeD_...rManual_v4.pdf but it isn't exactly what you are looking for.

So far I've accumulated an a couple of fuses that I think will work for the glass fuses (toilet and fan for instance, so 4 and 8 amp fast blow) and the automotive blade fuse assortment pack (for the converter panel in the hallway) from Radio Shack. I've also gotten a 30A in-line blade fuse holder for the battery fuse if it blows along with 30A blade fuses, also from RS (I don't see the point in actually replacing it until it blows - may as well get my $$ worth out of the original). Misc connecting hardware, wire and tools (including multi-meter) rounds out my electrical fix-it stuff.

I was initially thinking that we don't turn all all of the interior lights anyway, so if a bulb or two burns out I can just swap them around, but I wasn't thinking about the automotive running lights (brakes, turn signals, etc) so I will check them out to see if they can be swapped for the other interior or exterior lights in a pinch. Does anyone know?

I also added some plumbing odds and ends into the mix; although the sewer hose is probably what I am most likely to bust. But an extra one of those takes up lots more room...we already have a Y and a second fresh water hose to give us more extension. A 10 gal waste tank is on the list.

It would be nice to have a way of dealing with the water heater electrical element burn-out problem short of buying another element. Simply sticking with propane for this trip may be the easiest answer.

Anyway, hopefully someone more experienced will post for both of us.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
wmtire

Ed Felker's checklist has several things in it, including some of the emergency items you will most likely need. I think page 14 and the very last page of it, will be helpful. I'm not sure if it has the light bulb numbers or not.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2358
Old 04-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

When a friend of mine bought a TM, I assembled a goodie pak for him to welcome him aboard. There were a fairly large number of items, but in the electrical area, they included

# 194 lamps - clearance lights
# 912 lamps - "porch" lights
#1141 lamps - interior light fixtures
#1156 lamps - tail lights
#1157 lamps - brake/turn-signal lights

7.5 amp glass fuses - spares for the fuse in the back housing of the toilet (no other use)
30-amp glass fuses - spares for the main battery fuse (no other use)
7.5 amp blade fuses - spares for the DC distribution panel in the converter
15-amp blade fuses - spares for the DC distribution panel in the converter

Wire nuts
Inexpensive digital multimeter
Small cable ties
Medium cable ties

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
mkiley

I found that 30amp battery fuse was soo flaky (kept getting loose and the interior loses power), so I just replaced it with a waterproof blade fuse.
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
Mckesh Mirrors
2005 Honda Pilot
mkiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default Fuses

I have at lease one of all the fuses needed and they are taped to the power distribution panel. A also keep a few light bulbs in the back storage area along with wrenches and screws. Don't forget wheel bearing grease w/gun and a lug wrench. Gotta have a jack to use on the trailer and a tire pressure gague.
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote