TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old Today, 11:52 AM   #11
TinkerToy12

Default solved our "backing up problem"

After years of wanting a TM (1st saw them years and years ago),finally found a 2720 for a very reasonable price.
previously owned a Palomino pop up and then a Lance 5th wheel, knew the "backing up" needed some practice. The Lance was fairly easy to back up, but it's been about 5 years.
Thought about the front hitch, but truck belonged to a friend, so didn't think he'd go for that. Even after he dented his bumper.
Found a GMC Quadrasteer. Best investment I could have made. Makes it SOOOO much easier.
Back wheels turn just like the front wheels, so you don't have to keep trying to get if where it needs to go.
TinkerToy12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerToy12 View Post
Found a GMC Quadrasteer. Best investment I could have made. Makes it SOOOO much easier. Back wheels turn just like the front wheels, so you don't have to keep trying to get if where it needs to go.
I've never even seen one of these, let alone driven one. I bet it is fun!! At least until the inevitable day comes when you have to replace it - and then you finally have to learn how to back up.

Actually, backing up is not that hard, but it does take practice to learn how to do it smoothly. You will hear of a lot of methods for getting a driver and a spotter co-ordinated. Ours is "spotter points in the direction the back of the TM should go" and "driver holds the bottom of the steering wheel and turns it in the direction the spotter points". Works well for us. Apparently not for everyone.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote