TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2004, 03:52 PM   #1
mamabear

Default GAS TANKS(3326)

Our 3326 has the tanks laying down we need them filled, where can we get them filled? Do we have to take them off trailer?The tanks don't look like they are suppose to come off easily if at all. Can you do it at the campgrounds?If you can get them filled at campgrounds with metered gas is there any certain precautions to follow?? Hope someone can help.

mamabear ???
Old 06-27-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
Chris_Bauer

Default Re:GAS TANKS(3326)

When in San Antonio, I always take mine to U-Haul. They always fill my tanks without any question:
Old 06-27-2004, 07:29 PM   #3
DancinCampers

Hi mamabear

Our bottles are horizontal also. I took them off to have them refilled, not hard unless the mounting bolts are rusted. They should, however, also be able to be refilled without taking them off. I guess it boils down to which is more convienent for you. The operator hopefully is experienced & will use the 80 percent valve to ensure the bottles are not overfilled. This valve is opened during filling, and when the outgoing gas vapor becomes liquid the tank is filled to 80 percent. They should also be refilled in a horizontal position.

If the operator is smoking I would greatly increase my distance ;D

Dan
Old 06-27-2004, 08:06 PM   #4
live2shopnc

My o4 2720 has horz. tanks and they have labels attached that say they must be filled vert.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:16 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I think that Live2shop has the right answer. We had a thread here a couple months ago, in which we discovered that some horizontal tanks (like mine) say "Must be vertical when filled", and others have a similar label saying "Must be horizontal when filled".

If you have the original tanks on your '97 TM, you are rapidly appraoching the moment when no one will fill them because they don't have OPD valves. That means you have no choice but to replace them. The good news is that you can choose which variety of tank you want. And whichever you choose, you can't fill them in the other orientation.

In the meantime, look for a label for clarification.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:08 PM   #6
Paul_Heuvelhorst

[quote author=mamabear link=board=2;threadid=2062;start=msg14473#msg14473 date=1088373146]

Our 3326 has the tanks laying down we need them filled, where can we get them filled? Do we have to take them off trailer? The tanks don't look like they are suppose to come off easily if at all. Can you do it at the campgrounds?If you can get them filled at campgrounds with metered gas is there any certain precautions to follow?? Hope someone can help.

mamabear ???
[/quote]
Well, Mamabear,
If you use propane to heat your home, or cook with, or heat water, and have propane delivered to your house monthly, as we do, just set your trailer's propane tanks near your home propane tank and the driver will fill them at the same time, for the same price you pay for your home propane. Call your local office to verify they will perform this service.