TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Welcome Mat - Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2024, 09:00 AM   #1
jdmackes

Default New owner of a 2010 2720qb!

Hello everyone! I was able to grab a 2010 2720qb this past weekend and I'm very excited to go on some camping trips with it! If anyone has an suggestions for things to check or verify first, I would appreciate it. I'm going to go over and recaulk most everything that I can, flush the hot water heater and change the anode, steralize the water tank and flush that all out, and supposedly there is a small leak out of the black water dump side (not sure if it's from the pipe or the toilet, but I would assume that the gasket for the toilet needs to be changed already anyway). It seems to be in really good condition overall; there might have been a little water leak from the window to the right of the sink as the padding or whatever it is on the wall is a little puffed out there, but that window has been resealed and doesn't leak anymore. I'm so glad this forum is around and I'm sure I'll be on here a ton!
jdmackes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 11:05 AM   #2
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Welcome to the forum.
I've loved mine and am awaiting time for my next trip. Tires; age. how old are they? Was the camper stored outside, in the backyard??? Open all the access ports and check for critter droppings. Mice are great for getting into areas and causing damage.
Did you get a manual from the previous owner? If not there's copies on the forum you can download to a tablet or your phone if you want. I keep copies of the electrical diagrams, and a list of the appliances on my tablet and phone.
Check the date on the C0/LP detector. They have a life cycle and I want to say 5 years, so if it's out of date that's a good thing to replace for safety purposes. The propane tank hoses. Do they show signs of dry rot? They're not hard to replace.
Folks also suggest camping in the driveway before taking it on the road. Power up the systems, see how they work for a few days or so.

Took me a bit, but Bill has a pre-delivery insp cklist, which will give you good guidance after the fact.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=17998
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 12:31 PM   #3
jdmackes

Everything honestly looks great inside. Just some minor things to fix and stuff like that, nothing major. I need to replace the bag seals as those are old and torn, but there's no evidence of leaks getting through as of right now. I've been searching for information on the bag seals, but most of everything that I've found is just purchase some foam and purchase some marine vinyl and put it up, so I guess that's what I'll do. I plan on going on the roof and taking a closer look at everything; I got a good look before I bought it, but I figure it can't hurt to go up and really look at it closely, maybe redo the seals or put down some eternabond tape around the ac and the fans and stuff. Gonna rig up some sort of scaffold in my garage to go over the roof so I don't dent it
Old 08-19-2024, 02:00 PM   #4
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Be Careful on the roof. It isn't designed to hold a lot of weight in a concentrated area. If you didn't already get this doc, here ya go.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Front-roof-seal-install.pdf (2.65 MB, 23 views)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 02:09 AM   #5
majohnor

Congrats on the 2010 2720qb purchase and enjoy the camping season ahead!
majohnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 11:08 AM   #6
jdmackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Be Careful on the roof. It isn't designed to hold a lot of weight in a concentrated area. If you didn't already get this doc, here ya go.
Thanks! I had already gotten that and I've seen a few other people that have done them as well. I plan on not putting any weight on the roof if I can help it, I'd prefer to have a ladder on one side of the trailer, and run some 2x4s or 4x4s across to another ladder and just make myself a platform that I can go on. Dunno how well that will work, but I guess I'll find out. Other option would be to get a beam trolly and just suspend myself from that.
Old 08-20-2024, 01:05 PM   #7
Wavery
TrailManor Master

I've purchased many trailers in my day, including 4, TrailManors. Whenever I buy a trailer, the FIRST thing that I take care of are safety issues. Calking, bag seals, toilet etc.... all that stuff can be taken care of any time. A water leak my be inconvenient. Safety issues can change your life and the lives of others. You want the safety issues taken care of before you hit the road for the 1st time. This is a 14-year-old trailer and you don't know how it's been maintained.

1. Get the wheel bearings cleaned, inspected and packed with new grease.
2. Replace the brake assemblies with new ones. (under $200).
3. Replace all 3-tires with new load range D or E. (E is best). If tires are 3-yrs+.
4. Replace the emergency brake switch on the trailer tongue (they rust out).
5. Check the condition of the safety chains.
6. Check the exp date on your propane tanks and check for any leaks. I always replace the propane regulator and hoses if they seem the least bit questionable.
7. Check the battery condition. If the battery is bad, the emergency brakes won't work.

The goal here is to keep you, your family and others on the road safe. That should be your #1 priority. Camping is all about having positive experiences. If ANY of the items above fail, it will absolutely change your (and possibly others) camping experience.
Old 08-20-2024, 01:48 PM   #8
jdmackes

In my state I have to have the trailer safety inspected, so they go over everything to make sure it's all good. The tires are new so I'm not super concerned about them, but I'm prepared to have to replace everything you talked about. I'm gonna see how the safety inspection goes and see what they tell me on everything. We aren't taking the trailer camping anywhere for the next few weeks, so I'll have some time to look everything over and do some repairs/replacing of things before/after the inspection
Old 08-20-2024, 02:04 PM   #9
jdmackes

From what I'm seeing and reading, it looks like the fiber board wall on the kitchen sink side (but above the dining area, not the sink) had some water intrusion that made it bubble up and fall apart. That window has since been sealed again, but I'll eventually want to take that off and replace it, or just paint over that area I guess, as I don't really see a need to keep that on there. Anyone have any luck with that, or any issues I might run into?